Thursday, November 3, 2016

Lisa - catching up!

Hello, hello! Long time, no posts from me- I have recently got a second job (besides working in the shop at Artfull Crafts) and time is always seeming to get away on me. However, I'm here now with some time to spare, so I thought I'd share a few layouts that I have made recently. (Because no matter what, I always make sure I find the time to play with crafting goodies. Priorities, y'know!)

First up, a couple of layouts using a Kaisercraft release from a few months back: Barber Shoppe. It's a lovely masculine-themed range in shades of blue, pale green and black & white, featuring great vintage imagery. I used a favourite picture of my husband (taken at Lake Tekapo) and put together this page.



 It's pretty quick and easy- a piece of 12x12 kraft cardstock, which I misted with a light brown Lindy's Stamp Gang spray, before adding my photo on top. I then clustered a selection of the Collectables to the side, and added a couple of wooden embellishments amongst them (cogs and a clock.)  To finish, some strips of washi, and a couple of flicks of black indian ink.

My second layout was a challenge to myself: to use the same range to make a more feminine-style layout.


I layered some of the papers on top of a sheet of 12x12 black cardstock, distressing the edges to add some dimension. I placed my photo on the right, and built up layers of texture using embellishments such as Collectables, paper flowers, metal charms, some hessian, buttons, and a few pieces of bling, sticking to the same tones as in the papers. Some torn washi tape and a spatter of white ink finishes it all off. :) Not overly girly, but a good showcase of just how versatile this range is, I think. You can find the Barber Shoppe goodies here.

And that's it! I'll be back again later with a couple more layouts using some of the many Christmas papers currently in the shop. Thanks for looking! :)

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment