Friday, May 6, 2016

Diane - Kaisercraft "Coastal Escape" Mini Album

Hi everyone. Hope all of you who have school aged children are settling back into Term 2. Winter is fast approaching. Time to rug up and spend more time crafting :-) Don't you just love winter. You can spend all day creating and not feeling guilty. I recently had the pleasure of spending a weekend with friends at a lodge completing craft projects. I so enjoyed the weekend having a few laughs and scrapbooking with no interruptions. So looking forward to the next time.

So here's one project I finished using Kaisercraft "Coastal Escape" collection.

I spent quiet a bit of time embellishing the front of the album using small shells, fish and shell beads, driftwood sticks from a West Coast beach, flowers and die cuts. But I really pleased with the effect.

Throughout the album I embellished again with die cuts and shells. I cut the net pattern from one of papers and used it as a pocket to place the photo under. (Strategically placed as the photo wasn't too flattering but I wanted to include it because of the smile :-)

I coloured white flowers with a Metallic Mint Gelato (Gelatos have become a favourite of mine lately). I used distressing inks, embossing and again Gelatos to colour Dutch Doobado paper art "White Nautical". (And yes I'm going through a Dutch Doobado craze too)
 The Coast Escape 12x12 papers had some great quotes and sayings on the strips along the bottoms of the sheets as you can see here and they seem to suit the photos perfectly.
 The papers really suited the showing off of our beautiful country and can highly recommend this range if you have some of your own memories of coastal New Zealand (or any country) to scrap.

I hope you enjoyed this mini album as much as I do. Happy crafting. Diane




1 comment: