Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Diane - Kaisercraft "Story Book" Layouts

Hi everyone. I loved this paper collection the minute I saw it. I have so many old photos and I'm slowly working my was through scrapbooking them. Kaisercraft "Story Book" seemed to be perfect paper for this and I wasn't wrong. I could have created so many layouts but have chosen three to show you.  
The first I used small pieces of the paper to create blocks and used a larger for a title. I used Lindy's Stamp Gangs Magical "Steampunk Sepia" to give the varnish paper an old look.  
 My second page I used blue cardstock and mixed Lindy's Stamp Gang "Wake me up before you go gold" spray (don't you just love the colour names) with texture paste to create chevron look. I also sprayed the same colour and "Delphinium Turquoise' over the page. Randomly stamping as well.
Using an old credit card and primer I placed random lines over the page vertically and horizontally. I used strips of Story Book paper on the edge of the photos to try create a background for the photos. Then embellished with butterfly's, tickets, clocks etc.
 For my last page I wanted to create a book look for an article about my Poppa.  There was a bit of fiddling around to get the article to the right size. I used Distress Ink to help make the photocopied article look old.
 Again using clocks, buttons and die cuts from the Story Book collection to embellish.
I had fun creating these pages but most of all I loved remember the old days and the things my family have achieved. Thanks for reading and I hope I have inspired you to tell your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment