Sunday, March 27, 2016

Diane - Design Team Challenge

Hi all, Diane here. It's been a crazy few weeks. A lot of late nights and all thanks to this little challenge. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I loved it all, the challenge, the late nights and the messy craft table. It was all worth the look on my daughter's face when I finished.As you already know we were all given the same kit to work with from Kaisercraft's True Love Collection


I decided to make an exploding box for my daughter using the green cardstock as the base and the black cardstock as the lid. I used Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays "Merry-go-round Green" and "Raspberry Lemonade" to shade the white cardstock so it would match the project. I really like using Lindy's sprays. They would have to be one of my 'must have' products.



I experimented with the metal leave and the sprays to try get a leave design on the card stock but it wasn't too effective. If you look closely you can see it - worth a try. 


Most of the embellishments provided I used on the lid or for my center piece inside so I had to improvise with what I had left over to make my own butterflies, flowers, lace etc to embellish the tags, around the outside of the box and the inside pages. 



I really enjoyed completing this challenge but I think the part I have enjoyed the most is seeing the amazing ideas the rest of the design team have come up with using the same products.




No comments:

Post a Comment