Friday, June 26, 2015

Lisa - Fiesta layout

Hello! Lisa here, with a cheery layout to share, this time using the lovely Fiesta range from Kaisercraft.

When I first saw these papers with their fabulous riot of colour and design, I was a little stumped, thinking it would be hard to make a coherent layout with so much going on, but to my surprise, this was absolutely delightful to work with, and this layout came together in almost record time. I think in the end the trick was to try not to "match" anything, and to just put it all together and watch the magic happen! (please note that the actual layout isn't actually crooked-- just my photography skills are, in this instance!)


Even though the patterns are all bright and bold on their own, they all have a coherent colour scheme, and this is what makes them work together, I think. Again, I have used the tried and true "grid" design, using four basic "blocks" of paper together on a base of plain white cardstock to work as a whole. I added the photo of my daughter in the centre, with a cluster of embellishments on the bottom right, balanced on the top left with a couple of the Collectables. I also added a few touches of gold around the layout, because the colours of this range match it perfectly.

A detail shot is below:


Such a fun range to work with, and if you'd like to have a little Fiesta fun yourself, you can find the collection here.

Thanks so much for looking, and I will see you with another post very soon - I have some catching up to do, so expect a wee flurry of creations from me in the next few days!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment