Saturday, June 27, 2015

Christine S. - Secret Garden

Hi there, Christine S. here.  I just received a sad news that one of my daughter's favourite preschool teacher will be leaving the centre soon.  She's found a job closer to home & this is very understandable.  No need for long drives & she gets to see her girls more often, not getting home so late.  She's been such a big & important part & we can only wish all the best for her.  This calls for an extra special thank you card, which I'm sharing with you today.

Thankful Card
 
Extra special means lots of layers.  I love the prettiness of the Secret Garden collection, with a bit of mixed media thrown in.  I've lightly applied some gesso at the base of the card.  Once dry, I had a good play with my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, & Kaisercraft & Prima stamps.

015

There's a good variety of ribbon & embellishments at Artfull Crafts, & surely there's something there that will tickle your fancy.  In this card I've added a Butterfly Artfull Embellies & some Vandoros Herringbone Ribbon with a pin through it.

017

The dies that I've used here are My Favourite Thing's Die-Namics Swirls die (which you can request from the shop) & Kaisercraft's Doily Die.  Some left over from the specialty paper, stickers & collectable pieces are added.  The front of the card is finished off with some mini paper blooms.

022

Inside I've added a cheeky photo of my (cheeky) daughter for her to keep.  The white doily provides a great writing space inside the card.  Something different, & it really goes well with the Secret Garden papers.
I hope you enjoyed looking at the card with me.  I was very inspired creating it & I hope she'll love it as much as I do.  Remember to appreciate & be thankful to all our wonderful teachers.  They do so much for us & they need to be reminded that often.

Do check out the Secret Garden collection here.  Thanks for dropping by.

Until then,

Christine S.

No comments:

Post a Comment