Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Lisa - Off The Wall

Hi there! I hope your week has been going well, and that all the last minute back-to-school tasks haven't left you too frazzled. My daughter is about to turn 18 and has finished with school for now, so I haven't had to do the usual buying of books and stationery, which actually feels kind of weird! Everytime I see the ads on tv for back to school things, I think, "oh, I must get that done!" and then I remember....nope, not this year. The upside is no searching stationery lists for that elusive item that is always out of stock (because there's always one, right?) but the downside is not getting the chance to pop a few little extra goodies in the stash for myself. :)

ANYWAY. I digress. I'm here today to share a couple of layouts made with a slightly older Kaisercraft range-- Off The Wall. This was released at the tail-end of last year (November, I think) and I suspect it got a little lost amongst all the Christmas creations. So, here it is now, making its slightly belated appearance. :) It was marketed as a range suitable for boy/male layouts (which it is) but of course I took that as a challenge to see if I could use it to showcase the exact opposite.

My first layout uses the Attitude sheet as a background-- it has lovely weathered blue boards on it, which put me in mind of summertime and the beach, making it perfect for this photograph of my daughter at Patiti Point. Layered behind the photo is a sheet of older Prima paper, along with square "tiles" cut from another patterned sheet from my stash, the name and brand of which completely escapes me at this point-- sorry! (One day I will be organised and keep track of what I'm using-- today, however, is not that day.) It is, however, from the shop, so you may still be able to find it amongst the myriad of fabulous designs instore.


Around the edges, I have layered some Collectables, paper flowers, some bling, and finished off with a strip of floral washi along the bottom. A simple, summery layout made with a supposed "boy" range. :D

The second layout starts with a base of chocolate brown cardstock which I stencilled with texture paste, then sprayed with Glimmer Mist, before attaching my photo on top once it was dry. (A heat gun helps speed up this process.)  I've made uses some of the patterned sheets in the range-- specifically the Rad and Wicked designs. I hand-tore strips from those sheets and layered them under my photo, then added various embellishments including a dotted border from the paper pad, as well as vellum pieces, floral diecuts and gold foil accents from my stash.


A closer shot is below:


And that's it: two "girly" layouts made from a boy-themed range. Sometimes it's fun to mix things up!

The Off The Wall range can be found here. As always, thanks so much for looking, and I'll see you again next month. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment