Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Melissa - Home Decor

Good morning, it's Melissa here and today I have two Christmas home decor projects that I made.  I love making something new each year for Christmas, and it's fun to unpack our box of goodies that have been stored away in the attic until December!

My first project is a decorated wreath.  I purchased the plain twig wreath from The Warehouse years ago, and found it last school holidays when I was tidying up.  I used the Teresa Collins Candy Cane Lane collection (which you can purchase here), and a Couture Creations bow die.  Here it is on our front door.


Traditionally wreaths seem to be loaded up with bits and pieces, but I believe in this instance, less is actually more.


 A close up of a bow.


I made these stars with this punch by Epiphany Crafts.


My second project is a frame, and I wanted it to sit next to the sequin frame I made last year.  I was inspired by the trees on this layout by Lexi Bridges at Studio Calico.  I used Simple Stories DIY Christmas (which you can purchase here).  I freehand cut the triangles, sewed down the middle, lifted the edges of the tree, and finished it with a small star.  The "merry" is from a sticker sheet of words and icons.


I freehand cut the triangles, sewed down the middle, lifted the edges of the tree, and finished it with a small star.  The "merry" is from a sticker sheet of words and icons, and I machine stitched it to secure it and for texture. 


The background paper is a 4 x 6 cut apart journalling card.


Have a blessed rest of your week!
Melissa

3 comments: