Friday, December 5, 2014

Melissa - Christmas List Clipboard

Good morning, it's Melissa here!  I hope you're enjoying all the fun Christmas projects we've been posting.  This week is all about handmade Christmas gifs, and I chose to turn a boring old office clipboard into a Christmas shopping list holder.  

I used the Simple Stories DIY Christmas Collection, which you can find in the shop here, and Smash washi tape (black with small white polka dots).  I used the American Crafts version of this extra sticky tape to adhere the patterned paper onto the clipboard.  I stuck the washi on the top and bottom of the board, mostly because it was easier than removing the clip.  


Here is the clipboard with my shopping list:


I used the phrase "Making a List" from the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", because I wanted the list to be of people to buy for, not items to buy.  I used American Crafts Thickers in black glitter from my stash.


A close up of one of the embellishment clusters I created:


And a close up of the top of the clipboard:


Thanks for looking.
Melissa xo

4 comments:

  1. Very nice, I don't mind making my Christmas list on a pretty clipboard like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool clipboard. You could use this year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that these clip boards are big in the States, this is one definitely for those organised people! Very nice though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. Filing away for the future

    ReplyDelete