Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Megan - Homemade Christmas Decorations

Hi Everyone!

With 3 and a half weeks to go, time is flying and this week we're giving you ideas for Homemade Gifts :)  and theres some truly gorgeous projects we have to show you this week!!

I have decorated a pinecone using flowers from my stash and papers from Echo Park - Jingle all the Way :)  I have a Christmas tradition with a group of my friends that live in Ireland and the UK, and Ive now included friends in NZ into it as well - at Christmas we buy each other a gift, but there is a catch.  It has to be a Christmas themed gift and it cannot be over $20, or the equivalent there of.  You would be surprised what you can find for $20 or make for that matter ;)  and with very little cost, after all its the thought that counts!


To create the base of the of the cluster on top of the pinecone, I have die cut two different  snowflakes, layered on top of a doily.  I should probably confess I have an ever so slight addiction to snowflakes just quietly ;)
Ive then made some poinsettias using red cardstock and piggy backed them to each other, leaving enough of a gap to put my double bow ribbon in-between them.


The Prima flowers Ive used are part of my stash, as well as the bells.  In order to hang the pinecone, Ive drilled a hole down the middle and then screwed in my hook.


Now Ive done one, Im thinking of raiding the wood pile for some more pinecones and arranging  clusters of them in different lengths along the areas where I hang the boughs of berry and ivy :)

There are so many cool ideas for handmade gifts I can't wait to see what you share with us in the gallery!!

6 comments:

  1. I really like this, might have to take a walk in the tree grove near the Redwoods where we live, there is a choice of pinecones there to choose from that were planted several years ago by the FRI. It's just wonderful how we can take what nature provides for us and add some creative thought along with beautiful embellishments to produce a very beautiful decoration. Wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete