Thursday, December 11, 2014

Megan - Christmas Decorations

Hello Again :)

Today I have another decoration to share with you.  I had an idea in my head of what I wanted my project to look like, but like lots of ideas I have once I start the process it takes on a whole different direction lol.  I also wanted to incorporate a Christmas decoration into the project because it creates depth and dimension to what could otherwise be a flat piece.


I found this sleigh at Hands while I was looking for something else.  I've left it as it is, I haven't painted it or inked around it.  Originally I wanted to hang some ice skates from it but I just couldn't find what I wanted.  And yes I probably could of made some, but Im nothing if not impatient!! and that would have taken time.  Besides I wanted it like, now ;)  So my whole perspective on how I wanted it to look changed, but Im really really thrilled with how it turned out, so this means Im keeping this particular dust collector ;)


This time Ive used the Yuletide Collection from Kaisercraft, namely the Collectables to create my cluster - and Ive used quite a lot of it lol.  I love Collectables, they are brilliant little gems of embellishments that can a make any project pop just by adding foam/chipboard behind them and tucking them into little nooks and crannies.  The only thing I have added from my stash is the vine which is Petaloo, and only half of it - Ive saved the rest for another project.


Heres a close up of the cluster for you so you get an idea of just how many of the collectables Ive used.  Theres actually seven in this part of the cluster alone!  The bells are made of up of three different pieces from the set, with the bottom two bells mounted under chipboard to create depth.


I love the vintage look of this decoration, which was why I picked it.  I found this little gem at Kirkcaldie & Stains Christmas Shop - can I just say that was like looking in a lolly shop, OM goodness talk about heaven!!!!!  If you get the chance do pop down there!!

I'll see you next week with some more Christmas goodies, and don't forget to keep adding your projects to the gallery! :)
See  you next time!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Megan - can sure see why you are keeping it. Love that silver stocking on there too. Am sure you could always add the skates later if you find what you are looking for??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! Really love the red sleigh, the way you have layered up the Yuletide Collectibles is very beautiful especially with the addition of the berry vine, a nice twist from the usual red berries we see at this time of year, the black of the berry gives the look a wonderful lift and impact. The added element of the Christmas Stocking decoration is just such a beautiful touch to finish the whole thing off, wouldn't mind a few of these myself...

    ReplyDelete