Friday, December 19, 2014

Megan - The Art of Gift Wrapping

Hi Everyone :)

The month of December is quickly coming to an end and with it the last of the inspiration for all your gift giving from the DT.  I hope you've had as much fun looking each day as we have had in creating it all for you :)

Today I have a selection of things to share with you.
Sometimes when  I chose a gift for someone I want to go just that wee bit further, and instead of just wrapping paper and a bow I go all out and create a little bit of magic ;)  Just as much thought can go into the gift wrapping as in the purchasing/making of a gift, and I think it makes it just that wee bit more special.


First up is a selection of smaller gift boxes.  These were part of a Secret Santa I participated in - now I could have just wrapped everything but theres nothing like creating something for someone who you know will appreciate it :)  It doesn't have to be expensive either, the red container is just a plastic noodle box from one of the dollar stores, but they make awesome gift boxes all decorated and filled with goodies!


Ive die cut some flowers and used a small selection of the Collectables from Yuletide.  See those two vials on the side?  Reindeer glitter ;)


Punching strips of paper and adding pearls finishes off the sides of the noodle box perfectly.


A couple of pillow boxes are another quick and inexpensive way to wrap a gift - they're the perfect size for gift cards, cash, jewellery and of course scrapbook embellishments ;)


To decorate them I've used a selection of die cut flowers, Kaiser flowers, leaves and Collectables from the Yuletide collection.  The Pillow Box die is also the perfect size for a 6x6 pad!


This box originally contained a diffuser set.  I started re-purposing it by painting on Ranger Glue n Seal before painting all the edges of both the lid and the cover black.  That was followed by another coat of Glue n Seal, and then I could start decorating.
I decided to go with the whole doily thing, so that die cut piece of paper from the North Pole collection became my base, and then I started adding layers as I went.


To decorate Ive die cut some Tattered Poinsettias using the Tim Holtz die with white cardstock, using buttons for the centers, popping some ribbon, a collectable tag and some Prima flowers to finish it off.  Inside Ive popped some Christmas decorations and some doggy treats.


This is also my last post for December, I hope you've enjoyed what I have had to show you :) and thank you for all your comments.  Warm fuzzys are always appreciated :)
Don't forget to pop by the gallery and leave your entries, the work so far has been outstanding!!

Merry Christmas!!

12 comments:

  1. Just fabulous Megan - thanks for the wonderful ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully wrapped gifts - lucky recipients

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning. I love the noodle box that came with the little bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely ideas for gift wrapping. I think that I need to do a "rethink" of the impact of receiving a nicely wrapped gift. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish I had seen the pillow boxes before I wrapped the gift cards, all ways next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy ideas for christmas wrapping

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all really beautiful, this is certainly something I will endeavour to aspire to, as the day draws near there never seems to be enough hours in the day. I think if it was me I would have to surgically remove the contents then close them back up again and have it on display so I could have the pleasure of admiring the packaging all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas.I particularly love the white poinsettias with the button. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a stunning use of these gorgeous flowers and ribbons, well thought of

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful festive wrapping! As someone who has been lucky enough to receive your lovely gifts, you're wrapping is certainly gorgeous and a gift in itself xx

    ReplyDelete