Friday, December 12, 2014

Lisa - Christmas home decor creations

Good morning! :) Lisa here once again, and this time I have a few Christmas-themed home decor items to share. I've had fun putting these together, and am looking forward to displaying them around the house when I decorate.

The first two items I've made feature a little upcycling-- I've repurposed some packaging from Prima's wooden veneers as  dimensional frames/tiny shadow-boxes. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away and figured I'd surely find some use for them, and well-- here it is. :)


The first shadow box uses Kaisercraft's cute North Pole collection-- love this range! I cut a selection of the patterned papers to size to fit into the little recesses, and attached them with double-sided tape. I've layered a variety of things in top in each section: some word stickers, some Collectables, and a little paper flower. Quick and easy, and I think, pretty cute. :)


The second shadow box is pretty much created in the same way, but this time I've used an older Basic Grey range (which I don't think is in the shop any longer, but if you ask the girls nicely, they may be able to sort you out some.) Again, I've used a selection of patterned paper in the recesses, along with a little veneer tree (which I coloured green with some Tim Holtz Distress Stain) and a silvery bling heart. I hand-cut the little deer from one of the Basic Grey sheets, and attached it to the front to add a little dimension.


My last creations are made using some of the groovy Teresa Collins Christmas papers from the Candy Cane Lane range. I did some more repurposing/upcycling by covering an old Pringles tin with some of the red & white candy cane paper. I added some red velvet ribbon around the top of the tin, then punched the "Joy" from another sheet and attached it to the front. The vintage-style Santa is from another sheet of paper in the range, and is affixed to the inside back of the tin, which I then filled with candy canes. :)  I also used the same candy cane paper to make a festive bookmark, finished off with a punched image of Santa, some word stickers and a red ribbon. Such a quick and easy gift idea!

Hopefully there's some inspiration in amongst all this for someone, and as always, thanks so much for looking! I'll see you again later in the month. :)

Cheers,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I love the prima boxes too - great idea for using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to keep things to up cycle as well. These are great examples. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete