Tuesday, December 9, 2014

DECEMBER "WHENEVER"

For the last few years, there has been a fixation with creating a "December daily" album.

I must confess, I have tried at least 4 different years to take a photo a day in the month of December to chronicle our lead up to Christmas. I also must confess I have failed miserably !!! Every year, I get to about day 12, and then life gets in the way.....I forget to take photos of the things I had scheduled to take photos off, and the wheels just fall off the December bus!!!!

THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!

How am I going to make it different? I have decided that I will make a DECEMBER WHENEVER album. YES, I still want to document our lives in the lead up to Christmas, but the pressure to create a layout each and every day has been removed. I have created this album from scratch, using a few different ranges of papers, and also embellishments. I have mixed and matched the papers from ranges to create pages inside the album.

The intention was to have the entire album ready to "just add photos" come December, but things in my life changed dramatically mid November, when I lost my darling mum. Life is starting to get back on track, and slowly the desire to create is returning.
What I have to show you is essentially a work in progress, only a few pages left to finish......ok NINE

Here is the front cover. I have covered the fabric in a patchwork fabric, and used scrapbooking items to make a wee cluster on the cover.
The reindeer, was chipboard, and I have covered it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, then distress embossing powder, to give it a textured fur appearance


A little hard to see from this photo, but the pages are inserted in such a way to allow a 1 cm gap in between each page. this allows for bulky embellishments to sit comfortably in the album.


The Inside pages, are made using the following collections
Simple Stories DIY Christmas

Teresa Collins - Tinsel & Co

Kaisercraft - North Pole

Page 1 and 2
Mainly used Simple Stories DIY in this spread.
Note the double pocket on the left side. Has a space for a tag or photos in the pocket behind the large photo mat, and the small photo mat. Room for journalling or another photo right in front.

Right side features a tri fold card in which to put photos or journalling.



Page 3 and 4
This spread uses papers from  Teresa Collins (RHS) and Simple Stories (LHS)
The right side features another folder which opens to place two photos underneath.



Pages 5 and 6
Just Simple Stories in these two pages. Left side features a pocket page, room for several photos and these two tags to be placed in the pocket
Right side has a lift up folder, for more photo placement. I have used a piece of felt as a mat under the folder. LOVE the texture this gives to the page


Pages 7 and 8
Yet more folders, to hide more photos or journalling on these two pages using Simple Stories


So this is the album to date. As I said I have a wee way to go. Most of the pages are in various stages of construction, some almost finished. I really want to be able to finish this album before Christmas, but really don't intend to add my photos until the new Year. 

I have had a huge amount of fun designing this DECEMBER WHENEVER, and with luck I will be able to show you the second half of the album closer to Christmas.

Thanks for looking, and Happy Christmas Crafting !!

Sharon



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Sharon. I love made books but have only ever done one. Maybe next Christmas I should have a go at this rather than pocket style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that's awesome Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely album - great idea to have it ready for 'whenever'

    ReplyDelete