Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christine S. - Square Ornate Frame

   Hi there, Christine S. here.  Happy December to you! Yes, that's right, in a few weeks it'll be hello 2015! This week is all about Handmade Gifts for the Christmas Countdown.  I made a Square Ornate Frame for someone in the family who absolutely loooves to travel.  Here's some of the goodies that were used to make this frame that's available at the shop:

 
 
Here's what I created:

 
 
   As you can see I went for a black & gold color scheme for this one of a kind frame, & I’m stoked on how it turned out.  I love using black gesso at the moment, it’s like black liquid gold.  I prefer using it compared to black acrylic paint, as it coats so much better.  I sprayed some gold glimmer mist on the black frame, then haphazardly rubbed it with my fingers to give it a tarnished gold effect.  Bo Bunny has also brought out some delicious gold glitter paste, & I had to use some of it for this frame with my triangle stencil.  Now, if only they sold these in bigger jars! The Basecoat Christmas paper is so versatile for any type of projects.  I’ve also coated the alpha chipboard with black gesso, then stamped it with texture stamp & gel medium for subtle texture, as I wanted the black to stand out.  I embossed the Kaisercraft vintage fence stamp with gold embossing powder for my background.  I had to add some sunnies to this frame, using my old stencil & paste.  Lastly, I added some finishing touches to make the frame prettier with the bicycle from Echo Park Getaway sticker sheet, Prima tassel & Cigar Box Secrets flowers, & a heart chipboard.  The best thing about this frame is that there's not a lot to assemble & stick together, & you can personalize it no matter what your style.

   If you'd like to purchase this Square Ornate Frame, then this week is the perfect time as it's 30% off on all Kaisercraft projects.  If you don't have an embossing heat gun & would love to give embossing a go, you can purchase them from the shop this week for 20% off...yay! Also, if you're after some Kaisercraft products that are currently not on the shop, don't hesitate to ask as the team will happily get it for you.  Leave a comment or two if you’ve got any questions.  Thanks for dropping by & make sure to join in the Christmas Countdown competitions.  Have a great month ahead!
 

2 comments: