Monday, December 15, 2014

Christine S. - Christmas Tags & Star Decor

   How are you today? Christine S. here.  Only 10 more days until Christmas! I'm showing a few tags & star decors using the North Pole collection by Kaisercraft for the Christmas countdown.  If you love chalkboard, light blues, reds, mint greens & whites for Christmas colors, then this collection is for you.  Remember that this is the last week of the countdown so you better load up your entries for the competition to win some prizes.  Let’s start off with the Christmas tags:


   I’ve used the 6×4 Captured Moments cards as the base for all these tags.  Simply trim the edges, punch a hole on top…easy.  These cards are very handy to have, even if you’re not into pocket page scrapbooking.  You can also use them for cards, mini albums, traditional layouts, etc.  Most of the die cut pieces are from the Collectables & some are fussy cut. 
  These tags are really versatile, & I'll show you an example.  Yesterday I'm finishing writing my Christmas cards to send off, then I realize that I'm short of 1 card...eeek!!! Straight away I thought of using one of these tags.  With a big sigh of relief, here's the result:


   I know this week is all about tags & gift wrapping for the countdown, but I also managed to create a couple more Christmas decors to share with you, using the same collection of course.  I bought a plain white standing star at the warehouse a few weeks ago.  It’s nice as it is but I bought it so I can liven it up.  Here they are:
 
 
Now, these stars are not just for the silly season.  What happens when Christmas is all finished? Not a problem…just turn it around & voila!
 
 
   This side is definitely a star décor for any season!  I painted the sides of one star Scarlet, & the other Turquoise acrylic paint.  I then embossed it with crackle stamp & silver embossing powder to give it a textured look.  As you can see I've used quite a few Kaisercraft templates (Crosses, Stars) & stamps (Arty, Stains, Chevron) & rub ons for the background.  Not a lot of plain/blank spaces which suits me to a tee.  Add a few Sparklets & chipboard (from my stash) here & there & it's done.  You can have a look at more close ups on my blog.
 
   I hope you’re having a great December so far, & on top of your Christmas shopping & “to-do” tasks.  Thanks for dropping in & have an amazing Christmas & new year ahead!  
 

 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. That's so clever the way you used both sides of the star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stars very good idea of using both sides. I will remember to use it in my card making

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea making both sides different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those stars are gorgeous, might have to go find some for myself, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete