Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Melissa - North Pole December Daily

Hello it's Melissa here and today I'm sharing two pages of my 2013 December Daily made with Kaisercraft's North Pole Collection.  When I first saw this collection I knew it would work perfectly with the supplies I'd already pulled for my album, which primarily included October Afternoon's Sleigh Ride (released last year).  North Pole has a gorgeous Christmas colour palette mixed with features of chalkboard.

Before I show you the two pages, here is the cover and first two pages, made with cardboard that I cut  a window into and painted gold.  The background paper and stickers are by Teresa Collins.  For my 2012 DD I had lots of literal white space with white cardstock as my base.  For my 2013 DD I wanted to embrace lots of pattern with simple embellishment.


The gold doily is from Studio Calico.


The back of my cover page includes stickers from October Afternoon, explaining the book and with the names of my family members and our age.


These next two pages are made with North Pole.  I've chosen to include Instagram photos, and I made my own hashtag for them, so that I'm able to remember exactly what the photos are about, allowing me to create this album months later.  I find creating a December Daily during the month of December too much pressure!

The first page is of my kids starting their advent calendars, and the first chocolate is always very exciting!  I fussy cut "Tis the Season" from a piece of patterned paper.  The banner is a sticker, and the scallop border is a die cut from the 6x6 paper pad.



The second page is of the pregnancy diabetes test I had to take, and shows the disgusting glucose drink I had to drink quickly.


I'll be back in December with some more pages from my album.  You can purchase North Pole in the shop here.

Thanks for looking
Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment