Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lisa- mists and sprays, oh my!

Hello! Lisa here, with something a little bit different this time. Recently I've been playing with inks and sprays on layouts, and today I have a couple to share  utilising both, along with wood veneers and assorted elements cut from various papers. These kinds of layouts are probably my favourite type to create: lots of white space, and making use of tiny design features taken from a wide range of papers.

I used white/cream cardstock for the base of both layouts. On the first (below) I misted some ColorShine spray over a Heidi Swapp stencil. I then decided where I wanted to place the photo and applied a layer of Tim Holtz distress stain as a background. Once the photo was stuck in place, I added the other assorted embellishments, moving them around until I was happy with the placement before adhering them permanently.




The second layout is very similar, just with a little less spray (for a more subtle effect) and more photos. The Tim Holtz distress ink was again used as a background anchor for the photographs, and as I wanted a watercolour effect, I dipped a brush in water and gently painted over the edges of the ink before it dried. The images were then stuck in place over the top, and the other elements added. I used a selection of curved shapes to echo the round photo to bring a little coherence to it all. The Studio Calico wood veneers add the perfect finishing touch. :)


I hope this shows you what can be achieved with inks and sprays-- they're a lot of fun to play and experiment with, and can produce some great results! It's also a fabulous way of using up leftover paper scraps that you can't bear to throw out. (or is it just me who has a giant stash of those? )

As always, thanks for looking, and have a wonderful day! I'll see you again later in the month. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment