Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Lisa - Mix & Match

Hello, hello! Lisa here again, this time with a couple of layouts to share that I've made using Kaisercraft's Mix & Match range. The base colours for this line are kraft, white & red, which look fabulous together as well as combined with other colours and patterns.

My first layout has a sheet of kraft cardstock as a base, paired with the flipside of the Postage Stamps sheet, featuring a corrugated cardboard pattern. I chose a picture of myself and my husband (in which we're not pulling goofy faces for once-- that's definitely something worth preserving, if nothing else!) and beside it, a Project Life card featuring similar tones to the rest of the page.


Other bits and pieces used: a doily (cut in two), ribbon, some gorgeous dusty pink Kaisercraft flowers, a silver mesh flower that I've had in my stash for so very long I can't recall where it came from, some wooden veneer pieces ( Studio Calico) and some little bunting flags cut from a larger sheet of patterned paper. The red lace heart on the right was cut from the Hearts sheet.

a closer look:


My second layout features darker tones, and shows off just how versatile this range is. I've used my old faithful grid style arrangement once again, and punched out a variety of squares from the assorted patterned papers, then arranged them onto a chocolate brown cardstock background along with a single photo of my daughter.


I love how, although all the patterns are very different, they work together beautifully because of their shared colour palette.

I've embellished some of the squares with wood veneers (of course!), a polka-dotted butterfly, and a tiny red fabric heart. On the largest square at the top, I've popped one of the Lacy tags, tied with a little red and white twine, and raised from the background with some mounting foam. A word strip (cut from the selvedge edge of one of the papers) along the bottom of the layout and a little veneer arrow, and it's all done. :)

Here's a slightly closer look:


And that's it! :) Mix & Match is such a great range, and you can find it in the store here.

That's all for me for now-- I'll be back again a little later in the month with some more creations. Thanks for looking, and have a fabulous day! :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment