Sunday, November 3, 2013

Questions and Answers with Heidi Swapp - Who is she?!

Today we welcome Heidi Swapp to Artfull Crafts Centre Stage. 
I spent a fun weekend with Heidi at Creative Adventure in Auckland this year and we shared a few laughs, chats and meals together. I LOVED her classes too!  I invited her to be our star guest for November and was keen to be involved. So here she is for the next month! Follow our blog posts and Facebook posts to find out how to win fabulous prizes that Heidi Swapp has sent to us.

Thanks Heidi for answering our questions!


Who is Heidi Swapp and how long have you been acting on the Crafting Stage? 
Let’s see… who am i? sheesh, that feels like a majorly deep question! i am a mom to 5 kiddos: 3 boys and 2 girls. I am a wife of Eric, now coming up on 19 years!  I am an athlete, an artist, a party planner, a traveller, a photographer and a scrapbooker!  I am a woman of faith, and I believe in the power of prayer, and the miracles that sustain everyday life. I love good deep meaningful conversation and late, late nights!  I like to be busy! I like to live each day to the very fullest! I am happiest when I have a clean house, and I can spend time being creative! 

Who is to blame for your craft addiction?
I have to credit my mom. She made scrapbooks of herself, and also my dad…I used to LOVE to look through them, and I guess it just spoke to me! I just knew it was my thing!  I have never stopped!

Please share with us a brief summary of the Heidi Swapp story.
I have been “scrapbooking” since I was a young teen, and just always loved to collect photos, and glue them on paper!  My first child came along, we were living in Arizona near a fabulous scrapbooking shop, and I would go once a month to spent my $30/ month budget!  One day I took my album to the store to get some matching papers etc, and i accidentally left my album there.  I got all the way home (about a 30 min drive) before I realized it, and immediately called the store to tell them I’d be back in the morning and NOT to look inside!  (I was too embarrassed for them to see my pages!)  the next morning I got a call from the store owner who invited me to start teaching at her store!  I was completely shocked, amazing and DELIGHTED! That started it all! 

What part of your job gives you the most joy?
Sharing. I love to share my ideas! Makes me super happy!

Where do you think the papercraft industry is heading and what major trends do you see developing for the next year?
I think there was never a more exciting time to be a scrapbooker!! SO many ways to photograph, document, share, and capture memories! SO many amazing tools, and fabulous supplies!  Documenting on the fly will increase, but fresh and fun and part of the everyday routine. And filling mini-books and albums will make us happy! The world will get smaller and smaller and we will learn to communicate, educate and share

Here are a few projects that Heidi has created with her new Range - Mixed Company. It's arrived instore and is popular! Keep popping back to find out more about Heidi over the next month.

 



HOW TO WIN
Through the week there will be some fun extra Facebook Competitions and prizes kindly donated by Heidi Swapp and Artfull Crafts. Make sure you don't miss out!

PRIZE ONE
To celebrate the launch of our November CENTRE STAGE, we want to give away a scrap package of Heidi Swapp products (thanks Heidi for the prizes!) >>>>

It's easy to win! You just need to go to either the Artfull Crafts blog or Facebook Page and leave a message/comment with the words CENTRE STAGE or HEIDI SWAPP somewhere in it!  Please do this by midnight Sunday November 10th. 







2 comments:

  1. Oh I so get the needing a clean house lol, I can't head into my scrap room if there are 'chores' to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting month!! HEIDI SWAPP sounds like an amazing woman and very excited to have opportunity to win her products. As for CENTRE STAGE, its something I don't like being much but its great to have an amazing crafter in that spot for the month so we can learn so much from her.

    ReplyDelete