Friday, September 6, 2013

Melissa - Kaisercraft Tea Party Collection Layout

Hello, It's Melissa here, and welcome to my first official project post!  I hope you're all enjoying the start of Spring!  Here in Queenstown we had a snowy day on Wednesday, which was beautiful and very exciting for the ski fields.

This month I get to play with the very lovely Kaisercraft Tea Party collection. Now if you know me well you'll know that I love all things pink and girly!  I pulled out the following products to make my layout, I always find it easier if I assemble a kit and limit my supplies:


The products included the 6x6 paper pad, a full sheet of paper, some die cuts, cut apart sheets, doilies, buttons, flowers, ribbon, and some rubons.  Lots of yummy goodies to play with!

For the love of all things girly, I decided to scrap a recent selfie photo that I took with my iPhone of my daughter Azaria and I.  And here is my layout:



I decided to feature all of the subtle patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad, and cut them into two shapes of triangle.  I started by matting my photo on the textured pink floral, and then layered my embellishments to the right and bottom of my photo.  



I dressed up the large die cut with a leaf that I die cut, and I combined it with a flower and some bakers twine.



I lightly adhered my triangles, and then machine stitched them. Originally I was going to stitch around them like a quilt, but I love the imperfection of the stitching across them.



I completed my layout with some gold triangle sequins, a Maggie Homes for Crate Paper clip, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm thickers, some ink splatters and my journaling.

Please check out the rest of the Tea Party Collection here in the shop.

Thanks for looking, I'll be back later in the month with another project.

Be blessed
Melissa


2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous and so is the photo! Love the different patterned triangles and your colour combo's. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete