Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jo Johnson - Curiosity from Kasiercraft


Hi everyone, Jo here with a couple of layouts for Artfull Crafts using Curiosity from Kaisercraft.
I was lucky enough to make the top 20 in the Kaisercraft design team applications, and we were sent this range of papers to make a couple of projects.  I didn't make the final cut of the design team, but that is okay, making the top 20 out of all the applications was amazing.

We didn't get anything else just the paper, so I had to get a little creative. I am used to layering and building up, so it was difficult not to do what I would normally do and just add anything I wanted. I also didn't have a lot of embellishments or anything of theirs that would work with this range of papers, and we weren't allowed to use anyone else's products of course.     

I thought this range had a lot of potential and I was quite excited to have a play with it.  My first layout was really based around all the little words on one of the strips along the bottom of the page, there was so many words, I was thinking how I could use them all, and make it look interesting.

There was quite a bit of cutting involved in this, all the words, the butterflies, the leaves and the flowers.  I was very patient cutting them all slowly and then inking them all, not however as patient as I had to be to make the string rings, a lot harder than I first thought.  Once I got the knack of it, I was away.  I liked the simplicity of this layout, and I didn't have many orange flowers so it was a good way to get texture with out a large expense.


The 2nd layout using the same range, was quite different, in that I used the same photo in three sizes.  This however was not planned, it was simply me mucking up when copying the photo, but I liked the result and so I decided to have a play with them, and this is what I came up with.  I stencilled the Kaisercraft clock in the top using white paint, and then layered up all the different elements.   There was a lot of cutting out involved in this as well, the flowers, and birds and well everything really.

So curiosity from Kasiercraft, a stunning range, lots of cool elements.  Of course if you don't like all the cutting, get yourself the collectables pack and it is all done for you. 

This is my 3rd to last post, tomorrow I will have a really cool card I made using this range as well.
All the best Jo

 

1 comment:

  1. Niiiiice! I love that range. Particularly like that top layout :-)

    ReplyDelete