Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Jo Johnson- Scrapbook layout

Hi everyone, Jo here. Can you believe that Christmas is coming so fast? The next thing we know it will be 2013, and we will probably be complaining about the heat, and how much we miss those cooler days. 

This week I have done a Christmas Layout. I have used Kaisercraft Turtle Dove paper, French Hen.
I liked this page, as it had such as traditional feel to it, and the photo was my Mother 'n Law (not the dreaded one - I got lucky) who very kindly jumped on my float last minute as a surprise for me, dressed as Mrs Claus.
I have been playing with lots of different products at the moment, and incorporating all the little things that I like to collect. I've had this lace for a while and decided to use it to keep the traditional feel, then I went for a lime green ribbon over it.  I added a clock of cours (I use them a lot in my work).  I used the back of the Turtle-Dove drummers page, for the long piece under the photo, which I rolled up the bottom right edge, and added a scalloped brown down the length of it for edging.  I used Partridge paper for the photo mount, which I distressed and inked.  I also added a couple of filigree metal pieces on two opposite corners of the photo. I cut the hanging Christmas baubles from the Drummer paper as well and then pop dotted them. Finally I glued a piece of chain using glossy accents to the top of the page, and when dry I tucked the chain under the baubles. 
 The top left of the photo, I used a filigree metal circle, which I added tulle, Berries (that I cut up), mini bloom flowers, feathers and leaves.

 
Next I coloured the little Fancy Deer with Distress markersand added a little string of Bling.  
Lastly I added some bits and pieces to the picture of the bird down the bottom right, flowers, berries tulle, leaves, feathers and I really wanted to add one of the gorgeous little nests that Kaiser did this year, but they were just to big.  So I carefully snipped some of the nest off the side and bottom, and then glued it onto the page, where the nest was in the picture.  Then I used glossy accent on the birds eggs. 
I hope you are feeling more festive now, well maybe a little bit more.  Don't forget layouts make great gifts, you can use gel medium and stick them on to a canvas, or you can purchase 12x12 frames to put them in.

Don't forget to join in this week's challenge to be in the draw to win great prizes! Submit your Layout/Photo Gift to the Gallery by the 24th November. And remember that you've got one until Saturday the 17th to submit your Card for last week's challenge.
Happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment