Thursday, April 5, 2012

Liz is blogging! Let's Celebrate with Authentique Cards!

The Design Team at Artfull Crafts are so awesome - that there's never a free day on the blog schedule for me (Liz)!! LOL! However, more often than not I don't have anything to blog.

Today is different! I teach a cardmaking class every Wednesday at the shop and this week we launched the new theme of the month - Authentique and/or Celebrate. I decided to make my cards fit both themes!

We created cards with the new Celebrate line from Authentique and made cards that would be suitable for a birthday Celebration.


Each week we make 2 cards - one of them is always a shaped card of some description (easel, pop up etc) and the other is a plainer one. This week I found a very cool pop-up present card template from a Stampin' Up You Tube clip (found here) and added my own little twist to make it more interesting. When you open the card the 3-tiered gift pops out.

On the front of the card we've used the Tracks Embossing folder. It's on special in the shop for $5 and there aren't many left. I think it's awesome for male cards. I ran my black inkpad over the top to add the grungy effect.


The second card was made with the gift stamp from Rubbadubbadoo. It's one of the first stamps I purchased (all those years ago) and I still love it! I've stamped it with black Brilliance and then added Polysparkle embossing powder on top. Then I've stamped it again on a coloured piece of cardstock, embossed it, cut out the ribbon and mounting it with foam. It's an old and easy technique - but it's a goody!

HINT HINT! We thoroughly enjoyed Teresa Abajo's Copic Class last week and she reminded me that Copic Markers are great for more than just colouring stamped images. In this class we coloured our white ribbon red, our blue pearls black and we even coloured our Peelcraft Happy Birthday stickers black. (You didn't think you'd ever see me use Peelcraft did you...?!)

All the ladies commented on the amazing quality of the Authentique cardstock too. It's thick, textured and fabulous! Make sure you get your hands on some and enter our monthly challenge. There are prizes to be won!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work - love Authentique!
    I also love that you're putting your new Copic knowledge to work.
    It was an absolute pleasure teaching in your wonderful shop - you've got some lovely customers :)
    T

    ReplyDelete