Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lisa with Layout to share using Kaisercrafts' Charlotte's Dream

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Today I have a layout to share. I have used Kaisercrafts' absolutely gorgeous range called Charlotte's Dream.  It is a lovely range to work with.




I was aiming for a really layered look for this particular layout.To achieve this I used lots of lovely papers.
I chose one patterned paper as my base. I then built on it by punching a decorative edge around the next piece of patterned paper - using a Martha Stewart Punch around the page punch (LOVE these)
Continue layering with co-ordinating prints just reducing the size of each layer. I used the die cut paper as my photo base..keep reading below to see how I made it smaller to suit my layout.

I distressed, inked & rolled lots of my edges. Decorated with the beautiful Kaisercraft Ribbon Roses...Oh my how gorgeous are these! Yes they come in a strip, however I cut three off the strip & arranged them in a cluster. Some pretty pins, string and some beautiful pieces from the Collectables pack.

I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous die cut page in the collection, however - it was a bit large for what I had planned for my page.




So - I decided to make it smaller. It is very simple to do this. Trace one corner of the die cut shape on to a blank piece of paper. Then cut around your tracing on the blank paper. Align the traced paper corner on the matching curves of the original die cut & trace on to the die cut (in pencil) new curves to create the same pattern but smaller. You will need to do this on 3 corners, just keep turning the template you created around the die cut. Then cut out your new smaller die cut. Make sure you keep the corner of the original die cut that you like most. In my case the corner with the most flowers on it.


Here is a close up of some of the detail including the journal tag which is hidden on the layout. It was important to journal this photo which I love, because of the unusual smile you see on my daughters face, as she is trying not laugh. It was my daughters primary school graduation she was up on stage going through the celebrations & announcements whilst her Dad was taking photos of her from the audience. So, this photo captures the moment of 'I know what your doing Dad" - with slight embarrassment and amusement.


I believe it is really important in scrapping to have great photos, but also remember how important it is to capture those real, natural moments. Not always rehearsed or staged.

Have a great day.

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Lisa, I love how you have layered up all the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the softness those roses give to your lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa, this is lovely. I love Charlotte's Dream collection. Trust you have now settled back into the mundane things of life, after what appears to have been a great holiday. Love Betsy xx

    ReplyDelete