Monday, December 19, 2011

Lowri - Christmas Journal

Hi Everyone – Today I am sharing my "December Daily" album, created using a combination of the Echo Park Season's Greetings paper and digital collections. First of all I should tell you I had to google to find out what a December Daily was – and then when I saw some of the amazing examples online – I was totally intimidated at the thought of creating one!

What I decided to do was take a little album I had started working on (seen here) and expand it into a Daily Journal.


December this year is going to be exceptionally busy so I have decided to just have a little space where I can write each day and easily just slot a photograph in when I take one of something special.


To expand my existing book, I created some numbers from the Season’s Greetings Alphas and Borders and added them to each page. To create additional pages I printed some journaling tags from the Season’s Greetings Element Pack.

I decided to create a few fold out pages within the book to allow for a series of photos to be added. This page with the Santa is for Christmas Eve where I hope to get some great photos of the kids leaving snacks for Santa!
At the beginning of the book I have added in a few of my favorite photos from the last couple of years to get me started and to show how the pages fold out.

I hope this shows that a December Daily album can be really simply put together. I see mine as a personal and intimate record of the month – just for me to look at and remember in the future.

Here are a few more pages ready and waiting to go!

I hope this inspires you to create an album for yourself. You can always just make a simple little book and write it it each day.
Check my post here for a tutorial on how to quickly make the journals below using scraps of scrapbook paper and regular copier paper like these shown below using Holly Jolly Christmas.


Please leave a comment with any questions :-)
Lowri



3 comments:

  1. ty for stopping by my blog...merry christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your DD looks amazing. I'm totally intimidated to even think of trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this journal! SO great with Echo Park papers.

    ReplyDelete