Friday, October 28, 2011

Louise - Some Baby Steps Projects

Hi Louise here to share a couple of projects I made using the Simple Stories Baby Steps 6x6 paper pad.  I am so into this cute little pad as it has adorable single sided papers in totally cute patterns that could be for boys or girls.  Plus pages of sweet elements like I have used on my thank you card.  I like single sided paper pads as I always have a panic attack covering up a gorgeous pattern on the reverse side when I do projects using double sided papers, but that is just me and my OCD kicking in.

Onto the projects............... 


 First up we have a really quick and easy Thank You card using papers and an element from the Baby steps pad which have been distressed with scissors to within an inch of their lives then inked with a creamish brown ink in a sponge, then I painted the edges of the card and distressed the letters for the sentiment using Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fences, I used some twine to fasten a button for some added interest and then stuck a punched butterfly in the corner of the element.  It honestly took about 10 minutes to make.  Super quick and easy.

Next up we have Zippy's ( sorry William's ) plunket book, none of my children have boring run of the mill uncovered  record books, where is the fun in that?????  So out came the Baby Steps pad again, I cut up a few papers to use on this to give it kind of a quilted look.  I cut Will's name out on my cricut using the "songbird" cartridge.  The cute wooden safety pin is from KaiserCraft and I put some distress Crackle paint in Picket Fences on it and around the edges of the book.  I then did the little dashes to look like stitching with a brown ink pen and went round the letters for definition.  Another really quick project.
Thanks for looking and I hope I have inspired you to whip up some super easy and quick projects.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lou. Like that idea for the plunket book! I would do that to if I was young like you and still in baby mode.....Maybe I will tart up the girls books. They would go mad at me, But hey..Hee hee hee...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Louise! I am not sure where you find the time to be so creative - but I am very glad you do!
    LOVELY job!
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete