Monday, August 22, 2011

Introducing Lisa Skinner

Hi Everyone - Lowri here to introduce Lisa Skinner - another new member of the Design Team. Lisa lives in Victoria, Australia with her husband and two children. She loves Kaisercraft almost as much as we do and has some fabulous ideas. to share.


How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
I have always been interested in crafts, even as a child I loved stickers, stationary & loved to make my own gifts. When my daughter was born 13 years ago, a friend invited me to a scrapbooking party, I was hooked instantly!

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards?
Beautiful paper, embellishments, magazines, blogs, the internet, even fabric!

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I also love to make cards, beyond the page projects & small gift items.

What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
Oh to commit to a favourite....Kaisercraft has been a long time fave of mine, as their ranges are so versatile. I also love Webster’s, Cosmo Cricket & October Afternoon.

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
I love my Paper trimmer, double sided tape, dimensional tape, a good sharp, pointy pair of scissors – for all that fussy cutting and a hot glue gun for BTP items.

What is your current favourite technique or embellishment?
I love to embellish with ribbon, string, flowers, pins, tags all things cute. There are constantly new & exciting products available.

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
I would love to improve my photography skills, I am a real automatic camera person; I just want to turn it on point & shoot. I see so many fantastic photos that people take, just by learning to use their camera properly.

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
There are NO rules, no right or wrong, just let yourself create! It’s great to get ideas & inspiration off others, but go with your natural style, it’s important that you above anyone are happy with your own work.

Do you have a blog?
I sure do, I would love for you to pop by.... http://mypassiontoscrap.blogspot.com/

FINALLY - can you share with us your three favourite projects – and tell us a little about how you created them and why you love them
Wow this is a hard one...I tend to over analyse & this seems so final..lol..but here it goes.
This would have to be my current favourite layout. I love the colours, the prettiness & all the embellishment & machine sewing I have done. It represents just how sweet my daughter was as a baby...now she is a teenager, not so sweet!

Next up is the cupcake, this was a gift for a dear friend for her birthday this year. It is so very pink because she loves pink! I found something similar on the net about a year ago & modified it to suit. I have made quite a few of these now & they look fabulous no matter what colours/theme you use...almost good enough to eat, just minus the calories!



Last but not least is my hexagon exploding box. I can say mine because designed it & made my own template. My LSS had asked me to make one for a class, I found templates on the net for square boxes but I knew I wanted one more elaborate. So here it is, it has two layers & space for a small gift.
(Note: Lowri here to say that I am trying to convince Lisa to share with us exactly how she made this totally amazing box!

Here is some more of Lisa's great work.







Thanks Lisa - we are really looking forward to seeing your work over the next year - especially with the Kaisercraft Collections!

Lowri :-) 


3 comments:

  1. Oh yes - great to have another Kaiser-mad girl on the Team. Last year we had Shirley Towan and now she's working at the Kaiser Oultlet Store!! Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects Lisa. Looking forward to see wht you have in store for us this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that exploding box too. I've never seen anything like it before so keen to have a go at that sometime. Looking forward to the coming twelve months Lisa - exciting times!

    ReplyDelete