Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At last a post from Shirl

HI Everyone!
Its been a while since my last post, as I've been very busy with my new job!
I'm lucky enough to be working for Kaisercraft at one of the 7 outlets they have in Aust.
I'm working in the Geelong store which is also a clearance outlet, we still have the full range of Kaisercraft stuff, but we have lots of clearance items, these items might be deleted BTP items / old stock / some seconds..everyday at work is different & I really love it! and we get to make cool stuff to display in the shop!
So today I'm sharing a few projects with you!

1st up is the New Ornate Frame, I've kept this pretty simple, In just painted this cream and roughly rolled over some brown paint and gave it a good spray with Glimmermist...A few paper blooms, some Timeless rub-ons onto Acetate and bit of lace & a pearl flourish...you may remember Phoebe (my great great granmother) from an earlier Layout!


This a simple yet very effective "sign" I love how it turned out, just used some random paper and the small wooden letters, painted and grunged up a bit!


This is the new oblong display frame, again I painted it brown and rolled over with some cream paint.
The paper is Timeless & up up & away, I used the wooden frames and dress form along with the wooden sign flourish, with a pearl flourish, paper blooms and small doiley & a few pearl brads
(I took Lowri's advice and photographed it outside under our blue gum tree) 


I've got a few more projects to share but I'll save them for another post!

Hope you are all having a good week!

3 comments:

  1. They're lovely Shirl. I do love the Kaiser display frames...they are so versatile. Envious of your job too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you love the job. I've been there a couple of times and think it would be a fab place to work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirl - the projects are wonderful. Your work has an amazing personal element that always shines through. I love these..
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete