New 2017 Project Kits
4 hours ago
My favourite projects are always the ones I've just done!! So this is the most recent card I made with the new Bubblegum Hills 6 x6" pad from Kaisercraft. I used opals on the numbers. I LOVE opals and the way they glimmer so much and get such a smooth surface. I made this card for my Mother-in-Law and we enjoyed spending the day with her in ChCh on March 20th - we got back to Timaru just in time for the 5.1 aftershock!
A scrapbook page I really like is my monkey layout. Even though the layout is simple I want to share it as I LOVE monkeys (if I could choose to be an animal it would be this!!). This one was being taken up and down the beach at Thailand and I couldn't resist a little cuddle...
I'm in love with Kaisercraft Beyond the Page projects too. I find my Hippy Girl organiser to be most useful - especially as I put boxes in the back 2 partitions so I could have a glimmer mist stand.
And finally this is my first attempt at painting something for the wall. It's a huge canvas and I played with thick goop to get a 3-Dimensional painted effect and iridescent paints. Of most interest to me is the significance and symbolism. The black side shows our sinful state before a Holy God and the white represents that cleansing we receive when we repent and put out trust in Christ - through His death and resurrection on the Cross. The red is indicative of the blood of Christ. It's a plain piece of artwork but it holds a powerful message. I haven't been brave enough to do any other paintings as I like this one so much I don't think I could do any better!! So I think I'll stick to Craft Art.
|Valerie Du Preez|
|Barbara (based on our sketch)|
|Diane Robertson (based on our sketch)|
The hearts were cut with a Sizzix die, from thick card- I use the back of notepads like chipboard. I coloured the card with two or three shades of red then triple embossed (or UTEE). One was also stamped in gold with a swirl stamp whilst still hot. The main image is from Elusive Images, Harlequin Rose plate, and coloured with H2O's. I made it as an easel card, as I was loving this format- more surface area to decorate! I think its the hearts I like the most- you get lovely marbled colours due to the ink soaking into the card. I also used a Martha Stewart punch for the lace- this is the first one I have bought & used, and I am quite impressed by them
I haven't got round to posting these on my blog yet- they are Invitations for our Wedding & Evening Reception.As you can tell, our chosen colour theme was Black & Burgundy- and yes I did have a Black Wedding Dress! there are pictures on my blog to prove it too, lol. It was clearly the right colour theme to choose, as everything we wanted in those colours we found without difficulty, and at really good prices.
The cards are A5,pearlescent white, and were scored twice to give a wide left side, and narrow right side. The entwined D & S ( Doug & Shaz) were computer printed, then heat embossed using clear embossing powder. About 5 years ago, I had bought a couple of packs of paper that allowed inkjet images to be heat embossed, and still had sufficient left to be able to do all the monograms for the invites. This made the whole process quicker & less stressy than if I had had to get a stamp made, then stamp & emboss them. Each monogram was matted onto Burgundy, then Black card, and fixed to overlap the front opening. Black & burgundy ribbon was wrapped around the front & secured with a gluedot, then a bow tied separately & again added with a glue dot. I used Peel-off wording in black for the Wedding & Evening Reception. The insert was also computer printed, onto vellum,and stuck to the base with vellum tape.I hand wrote the names of the recipients afterwards. I punched a little black cat out of a velvet effect paper, and stuck him to the insert. Black cats are considered lucky in relation to weddings over here, plus we have a lovely black cat called Ambrose, so this was getting him involved too.I needed around 50 Wedding invites, and 150 Evening invites, and made the process easier by doing everything in blocks- I cut the Monograms down, then cut all the burgundy pieces, then all the black. Then matted them all. I measured around a card with the Black & Burgundy ribbon, then cut enough lengths of both to do all the invites. I did the bows the same way, I tied one, then undid it & cut all the lengths for the rest. I bought all the ribbon from E-Bay, and I still have miles of it left! I love these not only because they are our Wedding Invitations, but because they came out EXACTLY like the picture I had in my head, and that doesn't happen very often