Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lowri - Tuesday Tip - Fun Bookmarks (with Tutorial)

Hi Everyone - Lowri  here with a Tuesday Tip. I have made a few of these bookmarks for various occasions and they are really fun. A few people have told me that they have made these with kids after I featured it on my blog - and they really are easy to do!


Here is a tutorial I created to show just how simple they are - and check out my other examples underneath.
I have used my cuttlebug, but you could any die-cutting machine.

You can of course use a punch for a wider variety of shapes..and I noticed that Liz has been loading some new punches onto the website shop TODAY!

Why not make some and enter them into our challenge this month! 


Bookmark Tutorial


  1. For 6 bookmarks, cut 12 pieces of card measuring 6 inches x 2 inches.
  2. Using a circle die, cut a circle from the top of the bookmark on 6 of your 12 pieces. Size and placement to suit yourself!
  3. Here they are looking all neatly cut!
  4. Using a 2 inch embossing folder, emboss your design into the bottom of the card
  5. Cut 6 squares of patterned paper, slightly larger than the diameter of your circle and attach onto the reverse of the front of the bookmark (I used glue-dots)
  6. If you like - attach some ribbon to the top for an extra touch
  7. Attach the back piece of card to the front (I used glue)
  8. Decorate as desired

Hearts / Love Theme

 
 

Thank-You Theme
I made these for a Thanksgiving Theme at Paper Issues

 

 I made these for my sister to give to people after she had her baby..

 
 

 Hope you have enjoyed these - and do let us know if you try out this technique!

Lowri :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've never used the small cuttlebug folders. Excellent application!

    ReplyDelete